Compact, Tough and Smart – Perfection in a Pipe
Benefitting from the latest technology developed by Spectra Precision, the DG813 delivers an unprecedented performance when laying pipes.
The length of the DG813 has been reduced to make it easier to set up the lasers into tight inverts in the manhole. The DG813 has a grade
range from -12% to +40% and is fully self-leveling over the entire grade range. Even the cross axis is fully compensated – providing quick
set up and peace of mind that the laser will be level without having to adjust at the bottom of the invert.
The DG813 works over a distance of 150m (500ft) providing full operation in a single set-up between manholes. The new RC803 remote control
provides full function control and utilizes infra-red light in the pipe for up to 150 meter (500 feet) control. For “over-the-top” setups,
the remote utilizes radio communications up to a distance of 130 meter (430 feet).
Flexible power options provide 40 hours operating time with NiMH rechargeable batteries and 50 hours with alkaline batteries. Alkaline batteries
can be used directly at the laser without a separate battery pack. An additional car charger is available for work in remote areas.
Large graphical user interface can be seen easily when the laser is in a manhole. All functions are available via graphical menu which makes it
simple and easy to use – no secret button pressing and short learning curve means it can be handed to anyone in your crew with little or no
training. The same graphical user interface is used at the RC803 remote control.
DG813 advanced functions make setting up easier and more accurate:
- Line-Set/Check allows the laser to shoot the beam upwards to align to the next manhole at the first day from a short, deep trench as the beam
will move up to 100% in seconds.
- Line scan allows the beam to sweep quickly (left and right) and can be stopped on the target using the remote control.
- Line Alert is automatically activated once the grade and alignment are set –warning the user that the set-up has been disturbed, avoiding costly
errors and re-work.
- In addition, the DG813 comes with a smart Spot Finder SF803 which increases even further the productivity. The laser can align automatically
to the center of the Spot Finder, ideal for first day set-up, and can also calculate the grade – great for checking previous work on a second day
- The DG813 has a bright beam moving quickly and accurately for alignment and grade. It can be easily spotted in the pipe and enhanced with the
patented target that bends the beam upwards making it easy to see when looking down at the pipe reducing the need to bend down to see the
beam when in the trench or standing above the trench.
- Multiple attachments are available allowing the DG813 to be mounted in pipes of any size from 150mm (6 inch) upwards. A blower is also available
to evenly circulate air through the pipe to avoid refraction of the beam inside the pipe.